Eddie C. Brown is the Chairman, CEO & founder of the second oldest African-American investment management firm in the United States. Steeped in integrity, Brown Capital Management (with $4 billion under management) is considered the “right choice” by investors who entrust them to manage and grow their assets.
Prior to starting Brown Capital Management in 1983, Brown, an industry trailblazer, served as vice president and portfolio manager for 10 years at T. Rowe Price Associates. For 25 years, he was a top panelist on the nationally televised program, Louis Rukeyser’s Wall Street, formerly Wall $treet Week with Louis Rukeyser. Impressively, Brown was also inducted into the Wall $treet Week with Louis Rukeyser Hall of Fame.
Brown, the consummate philanthropist, has received numerous awards and accolades in recognition of his public service and business acumen including, but not limited to the:
- Honorary Doctorate in Public Service, Morgan State University
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Award for Public Service
- Ronald H. Brown American Journey Award, the Ron Brown Scholars Program
- A.G. Gaston Lifetime Achievement Award, Black Enterprise
- Entrepreneur of the Year, National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE)
- Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year, Financial Services Category for the State of Maryland
- Man of the Year Award, National Alliance of Resident Services in Affordable and Assisted Housing (NARSAAH)
Having an appreciation for obtaining a solid educational background, Brown earned a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Howard University, a M.S. in Electrical Engineering from New York University and an M.B.A. from Indiana University School of Business and has two professional designations: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Chartered Investment Counselor (CIC).
Most recently, Brown added “Author” to his illustrious accomplishments with the release of his inspiring autobiography, Beating the Odds – Eddie Brown’s Investing and Life Strategies.